- The conservation District, a political subdivision and governmental agency of the State of Texas, provides water to cities and other water districts in west Texas.
- The District owns and operates three major surface water reservoirs with full combined capacity of 1.272 million acre-feet.
- Faced with the challenges of managing energy costs across their system, and negotiating a flexible contract that would provide flexibility for operational fluctuations in electricity dependent upon demand for water, the District turned to Priority for assistance.
- Priority developed and implemented an energy management strategy which has included:
- Energy information and data management services, including utility bill auditing and payment file processing
- Energy Supply and Risk Management Services that resulted in an electricity supply contract with required operational flexibility
- Evaluation of Demand Response Program participation
- The successful program has delivered significant cost savings and continues to deliver value across the entire program.