- A global specialty chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine and refining catalysts.
- Company operates two major manufacturing facilities in Texas:
- Plant 1 sits on 409 acres, employs over 300 workers, operates around-the-clock, manufacturing a variety of chemical products;
- Plant 2 comprises 55 acres within the world’s largest industrial complex, and shares an integrated site with another company;
- With the complexities of the ever-changing power and natural gas markets, the chemical company turned to Priority for market knowledge and experience in sourcing and managing electricity and natural gas supply;
- Priority developed and deployed a comprehensive energy supply and risk management strategy, which delivered:
- A consistent energy supply procurement and risk management strategy across plants;
- Cost savings as compared to prior procurement practices
- Ongoing cost and hedge tracking
- High level screening studies for cogeneration applications
- Tariff optimization and utility negotiations in regulated areas.
- Ongoing bill and settlement data auditing.
- Chemical company has benefited through cost savings, reduced price risk and favorable contract terms, all while being able to reallocate resources to other core business processes.