Energy Infrastructure Solutions
Strategic Planning, Development, EPC of Private T&D Networks and Onsite Power Generation
Priority Power Management’s key staff began their long-tenured careers at the largest utility in Texas. Today, that same key staff leverages deep knowledge and experience with utility-grade transmission and distribution and onsite power generation infrastructure systems for the benefit of our clients. Our energy infrastructure management team is extremely knowledgeable and can help your business benefit.
It all starts by working with clients to fully understand their needs in obtaining adequate electrical infrastructure capacity to power their operations near and long term. By interfacing with the utility on behalf of our client, we are able to evaluate service options based on several factors including suitability, operational flexibility, cost, and timing among others. Economic models are developed to analyze the various options and their respective cash flows from an upfront capital cost to ongoing operating expenses. Priority presents the findings to our client for review and consideration of the best path forward.
In the cases where the client elects to proceed with a utility-built and owned infrastructure solution, Priority manages the interface with the utility from project inception to completion. In the event the client decides to proceed with a privately-owned infrastructure solution, Priority is there to develop and implement the private solution on behalf of the client. We act as an extension of our client’s staff, performing the engineering, procuring the equipment and labor, all while remaining independent and unbiased. Our development team manages the project from inception to completion, including inspections, budgets, schedules, and commissioning.
- Strategic Planning
- Construction Management
- Asset Management
Priority Power Management works closely with our clients to develop a strategic plan for the provisioning of adequate electrical infrastructure to power their operations, near and long term.
The strategic planning process is multi-faceted while considering client goals of achieving various operational, financial, and timing metrics.
- Development of electrical load forecast.
- Assessment of client load center geography relative to utility infrastructure and utility service areas.
- Interfacing with utility for submittals of electric load requests, and evaluation of utility service options.
- Evaluation of service options including utility-owned, privately-owned, and combination thereof.
- Development of economic models to assess the best value electric service delivery option, which includes upfront capital and ongoing operating cost estimates, and electricity delivery and supply costs.
Priority turns conceptual designs into detailed engineering drawings and specifications. Our team of multi-disciplined engineers leverage their deep expertise to deliver cost-effective high voltage substations, transmission and distribution, and onsite power generation solutions.
- Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED)
- Value Engineering Analysis
- Electrical Systems Design
- Electrical Load Flow Analysis
- Structural Designs
- Grounding Studies
- Civil Designs
- Field Surveying
- Equipment Specifications
- Material List Development
- Equipment Verification
- Final As-Built Drawings and Field Verification
Priority leverages our broad market knowledge and qualified supplier relationships to deliver proven procurement strategies that improve project delivery, reduce energy supply chain costs, and delivers the lowest total cost of ownership for our clients.
Designed to control cost and schedule, our procurement services include:
- RFP Development, Solicitations, and Supplier Q&A
- Bid Analysis, Evaluation and Client Recommendations
- Issuance of Purchase Orders
- Engineering Drawings Review and Manufacturing Approvals
- Equipment Delivery and Shipping Coordination
- Equipment Inspections and Site Acceptance
Priority manages all aspects of project construction and execution. Our construction management services are designed to ensure construction meets engineering scope requirements and are in accordance with quality standards.
Our project managers identify project risks and develop risk mitigation plans to ensure a successful project execution with the project being delivered on time, on budget and in a safe manner.
- Planning and Scheduling
- Utility Coordination
- Contract Management
- Inspections and Quality Assurance
- Project Cost Controls and Budget Reporting
- Project Accounts Payable
- Change Order Management
- Field Engineering and Constructability
- Startup and Commissioning
While electric systems are designed to provide safe, efficient and reliable power, the continued use and exposure to the elements can adversely affect equipment reliability, which can result in unplanned outages and associated financial losses.
Priority provides asset management services for clients with private medium and high voltage transmission and distribution facilities to reduce the risk of equipment failure, extend the file of the equipment and minimize the occurrence of costly unplanned outages.
- Monthly Routine Inspections
- Annual Predictive Testing
- Remote SCADA Monitoring
- Infrared Imaging
- Onsite Troubleshooting and Repairs
- Management Reporting
- Emergency Response Coordination
- Mobile Substation Acquisition
Operating safely in everything we do at Priority is our culture as we strive to complete every project incident and injury-free. Not only are we committed to our employees, but Priority is also committed to the industry we serve, to our subcontractors and to our customers.
All Priority employees have the opportunity and responsibility to take ownership of their safety, the safety of their coworkers and subcontractors. Priority recognizes that our most valuable asset is our employees, and there is nothing more important than the safety of our employees.
Our Safety Management Plan includes:
- Policy: Scope, Policy Procedure, and Statement
- Planning: Hazard Identification, Risk Controls, Objectives
- Implementation & Operations: Training, Communications
- Checking & Corrective Actions: Performance Monitoring, Inspections
- Management Review: Safety Effectiveness Review